There are tons of exercise themes out there that sometimes, you don’t know which one is suitable for you and your body. I think it’s a must for anyone who wants to take on an exercise regimen to have a talk with their doctors first, more so if suffering from any ailments. At least, you have the go signal that it will be a safe routine.
Yoga, on the other hand, is a lot safer than most because it’s not only helpful to get in shape but also to relax your whole mind and body. It’s not as strenuous and you get to connect with yourself and your inner peace.
You can even do it at home if you don’t have the budget for the gym membership or don’t have the luxury of time to go out. Buy a video tutorial or download one over the internet.
Here are some pointers you need to remember:
- A place at home – you need to have a place where you can practice yoga. It must be comfy and quiet. Somewhere in the house where kids won’t be running around coz you can’t get the peace you need in that kind of environment. If you have an extra space in your room, do it there. The logic here is to have total peace and quite so you can explore your whole being and connect with it.
- Breathe the fresh air – some people wants to do their yoga where they can communicate with nature. Thus, your local park would be a perfect place. Look for a spot a bit far from the playground, grassy so you’ll be comfortable and a bit shaded, so you’ll feel the sun but not directly.
- Join a Yoga class – if you have the budget and would like to be with other practitioners and have a trainer, you can enroll in a yoga class. A bit pricey but you deserve all the peace you can get after a much needed workout.
- Yoga mat – this is a must coz you’ll be down on the floor most of the time and you don’t want to get all bruised up after workout. You can use an extra thick yoga mat if you like to. There’s really no mandatory type for the mat, as long as you are comfy with it, go ahead. You can also buy at least 2 sets, one for the gym and one for home workouts.
- Yoga books and videos – there are plenty of downloadable videos and books on the internet but some though have their prices. There are free ones but you would have to do some digging. If budget permits, you can buy on your local bookstore or video store. This way, you can also do some routines at home when you don’t have time to go out to the gym.
Yoga can help you in so many ways including honing your inner self. But, same with other exercise regimen, you need to start off with the basics and move on to the next level when you feel that your body is ready for more advanced steps or poses. Do not just do yoga without knowing the basics or you will suffer not only body aches but might pose a threat to you.
6 thoughts on “Get in Shape with Yoga Exercises”
I love Yoga because it is very relaxing and it tones you also.
I love this post!! Yoga has been a blessing for me. I have had two back surgeries and have chronic pain. I get such relief from my Yoga classes. great post!! Thanks for sharing!!
I love yoga. What a great blog topic. It makes you feel re-energized and alive. Anyone who needs to settle stress or even body pains should do yoga. Thanks.
I really like Yoga and I am trying to get my daughter into it also. I even bought her a little yoga mat. I think yoga is a great way to relax your body and mind. Doing yoga in a quiet place is very important. You need quiet in order to get to that relaxing place.
That sounds like a good way for me to exercise. I’m really not into aerobics and stuff like that.
Yoga can indeed be a great exercise for staying in shape and healthy – particularly by keeping you flexible which has all kinds of health benefits (never underestimate the health power of good posture!). However, I find that Pilates gives me a better workout when I want to feel more than refreshed.