Do you want your own garden and be hands-on with it? Do you already have the basic tools necessary to begin? Well, read on and let us enlighten you a bit on how to start from scratch.
We have different reasons for starting a garden. Some would say they need something to focus on to forget problems temporarily. Others have tried their hands with the neighbor’s backyard gardens and found out that they have “green thumbs”, thus wishing to have their own. Most would say that they turned organic and would want to grow their own small plantation of crops and vegies to supplement day to day meals.
Whatever your reasons are, here are some basic tips to get you started:
- Ask yourself the sole purpose of starting a garden. Also if you can handle tinkering and on the ground almost every day and if this is a short or long term plan.
- Then, think about what you want to grow. Does flowers make you happy seeing their beautiful colours thus lets you forget the rest of the world temporarily? Or, you’d rather grow crops and vegetables to help save money for groceries and you want to eat really freshly-picked food?
- When you’ve finally realized what you want to achieve and grow, you need to draw up a simple plan based on what you want – flowers or vegetables.
- The Sun is a big plus factor yet can also ruin some crops which doesn’t need sun rays. So, you need to oversee which needs it and which doesn’t and plant them wherever appropriate.
- The Soil is also a big factor for growing plants and crops successfully. If you are just a beginner who doesn’t know a thing, we suggest you take a sample and bring it to your nearest gardening professional.
- Some basic tools are needed such as trowel, fork, water can, gloves. spade, shears, scissors, hose and garden cart. You don’t have to buy those professional equipments from the nearby industrial supply company. Not yet, unless you want to branch out and set-up a gardening business.
- When all is set and prepared, do your thing!
What’s listed above are my personal opinion and I was once a beginner in gardening too. Let’s hope it will be successful so you can say to yourself – I’m proud of what I have accomplished!